Diocesan Youth Organisation
of the vibrant youth structures in the Anglican Church of Southern
Africa, the Diocese of Zululand Youth Organisation is open to
all young people who are baptized and confirmed.
It aims to help our youth
come into a personal relationship with Christ and to teach the
Doctrine as professed by the Church and practised by the Anglican
Emphasis is placed on the importance of worship and young people
are encouraged to participate freely in liturgical worship, as
well as to reach out to the
youth of other denominations and assist those from disadvantaged
and unstable environments. In this way, our youth are equipped
with leadership and evangelism skills.
Owing to the increase in numbers at our bi-annual
conferences, and the age gap between our youngest and oldest members,
we have decided to divide
the youth according to age. From 2009, they will
assemble four times in four different places.
The age groups
are: A 13-16;
and D 25+ (Insika)
Goals for the future include:
appointment of a Diocesan Youth Convenor/worker
- Encouragement of each parish to have projects eg. gardens,
- Devising a service of admitting new members into the
- Suggesting of programmes for the year that each
parish may follow
- Formation of regional structures (clustering
- Reaching out to all the youth of different
races in the Diocese
Major Challenges and issues facing our Youth Ministry
- External pressures ('pentecostal' churches) who confuse our
youth by claiming that they are 'The Church' and that our baptism
- Interfaith marriages
- Haemorrhage (youth moving from home to tertiary institutions)
- Non participation of youth from some race groups.
For further information or to join the organisation, please contact
Mr Sifiso Zuma (President) at: P O Box 2305, Empangeni
3880, email: email@example.com, or call 076 135-2593.
Or our chaplain, The Revd Siboniso Zulu at: Kwamsindisi Ongcwele Parish, P O Box 2148 Richards Bay 3900 or call